[linux-elitists] ssh hygiene

Marc MERLIN marc@merlins.org
Mon Apr 29 23:40:31 PDT 2002

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 11:05:13PM -0700, Nick Moffitt wrote:
> 	Print out the list of passwords.  The last thing you need is

Right, works real great.
I have keys on 50+  servers so that'd be a lot of paper  to carry and I sure
trust users to not leave their password sheet anywhere.

> some flakey proprietary OS

Just for  info, since you  wouldn't know. My palm  has never crashed  in the
last year I've been using it to store passwords.
But  eh,  even  for  your  self-limiting life  (BTW,  there  is  proprietary
microcode in your  CPU, and even in  your watch/alarm clock), you  can buy a
PDA and run linux on it, so that's not an excuse.

(feel free to answer, I'm not going to follow this thread)

> on a fragile battery-operated gizmo standing between you and your machine.

It's  only fragile  if you  buy  a fragile  one. Some can  be quite  sturdy,
especially if you buy the appropriate case.

On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 04:08:30PM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> Any pointers for Palm OTP software?

http://astro.uchicago.edu/home/web/valdes/pilot/pilOTP/
http://palmkey.sourceforge.net/ (OSS)
http://www.zetetic.net/news.html (OSS)