[linux-elitists] MTA roundup

Andrew L33tsmith akohlsmith-le@benshaw.com
Mon Apr 29 19:01:19 PDT 2002

> Plan to spend [ length of time ] downloading, compiling, configuring,
> and troubleshooting patches in order to make qmail interoperate
> with other software.

Come now, it's not THAT bad.  My qmail patch has a netscape progress bar fix,
large DNS response fix, a "QMAILQUEUE" env var check and a seekable pipe
patch for vpopmail.  Oh yes, and a patch (which is now part of SpamAssassin)
I wrote to give some finer-grained control over user preferences.

All (3) of the qmail patches are rolled together into one large patch and are
a part of my internal qmail distribution.  I've had very good success to date
and the whole vpopmail experience has got me hooked on qmail.

Like I said in a previous post, the software's ugly but it works flawlessly
for me.

Regards,
Andrew