[linux-elitists] MTA roundup

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Mon Apr 29 12:37:15 PDT 2002

Quoting Don Marti Uses GIFs on the Sly (dmarti@zgp.org):

> Stock qmail, is secure, sure -- but what about
> patched-to-make-it-work-with-your-other-software qmail?

I've also wondered how many Linux-using qmail fans are aware of Dan's
warning that all Linux filesystems must be mounted with the "sync"
option?  http://cr.yp.to/qmail/faq/reliability.html#filesystems

For that matter, he disapproves of not using "sync" on *BSD and
elsewhere, too.  _And_ warns against journaling filesystems and
softupdates.

No, he wants you to _only_ use FFS/UFS with softupdates and async omitted.

--
Cheers,                              "Azathoth need not be present to win."
Rick Moen                                       -- Charles O. Baucum, Jr.