[linux-elitists] MTA roundup

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Mon Apr 29 10:59:02 PDT 2002

Quoting Marc MERLIN (marc@merlins.org):

> I'm sorry  you see "alternative" as  meaning something negative, but  if you
> feel that subways and bikes are inferior, that's your right, I respect that.

Well, his point also concerned chronology:  When we say something was
produced as an alternative to something else, we're implying that it
emerged later, in reaction.  And, of course, practical internal-combustion
non-rail vehicles first emerged in the late 1880s.

--
Cheers,                                      "Reality is not optional."
Rick Moen                                             -- Thomas Sowell