[linux-elitists] MTA roundup

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Mon Apr 29 10:54:42 PDT 2002

Quoting Marc MERLIN (marc@merlins.org):

> LJ asked me for a writeup on a variety of subjects, and I picked an MTA
> roundup.

I like this round-up a great deal.  It's comprehensive, lucid, and yet
very concise.

It's my understanding that both sendmail and exim have implemented a
security strategy of making the single binary drop privilege according
to role.  Thus, the security advantage claimed by modular MTAs (postfix,
qmail) is reduced, and you gain the advantage of a simpler, easier to
audit/examine architecture.

--
Cheers,                                      "Reality is not optional."
Rick Moen                                             -- Thomas Sowell