[linux-elitists] Hey Don!

Sam Phillips sam@dasbistro.com
Mon Apr 29 10:49:34 PDT 2002

On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 02:16:06PM -0700, Don Marti wrote:
> begin Seth David Schoen quotation of Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 01:45:24PM -0700:
>
> > The FSF has finally answered my question:
> >
> > http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/amazon.html#whyContinue
>
> It might just be best to pick an online bookstore that has...
>
>   1. A reasonably secure, or at least not on crack, software platform
>
>   2. A sound privacy policy, including a Vixie-friendly policy for
>      mail opt-in
>
>   3. Good selection
>
>   4. Working access for browsers and users

I've used ABE Books (http://www.abebooks.com/) a lot in the past couple
of years.  It seems to have at least 3 and 4 (it's usable in lynx.)  I
looked at the privacy policy and didn't say anything about email opt-in,
etc.  but since I've been using the service the only email I've gotten
from them is stuff that I wanted.

They're based in Canadia too so YMMV.

--
Sam Phillips <sam@dasbistro.com>                http://www.dasbistro.com
Reno                                                              Nevada