[linux-elitists] Hey Don!

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Mon Apr 29 01:48:15 PDT 2002

on Sun, Apr 28, 2002, Don Marti (dmarti@zgp.org) wrote:
> begin Karsten M. Self quotation of Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 03:16:28PM -0700:
>
> > For SF Bay Area locals, Cody's Books in Berkeley, and Staceys, no
> > restricted to SF and Cupertino locations.
> >
> > There are a number of very strong University bookstores.
>
> But we need a general, drop-in, feature-complete replacement for
> Amazon, as PNG is a drop-in replacement for GIF.

Fair 'nuf.  I was thinking a special case of technical booksellers, but
that's not quite the same thing.

> > I've been using signify to promote some causes / organizations /
> > memes of interest.  Sometimes political, sometimes (current) outfits
> > that have given me what I feel to be amazingly good service & value.
> > I'll post my .signify file separately if there's an interest.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> Have you considered using the "x sucks, y rules" convention to
> facilitate searches for your opinions and the automatic tabulation
> thereof?

Somewhat.  See headers.

In general though, we're just talking a short, descriptive text and a
link to a site of interest, if it exists.

OK, I was going to post, chickened, will do.

Peace.

   Keep software free.         Oppose the CBDTPA.         Kill S.2048 dead.
     http://www.eff.org/alerts/20020322_eff_cbdtpa_alert.html