[linux-elitists] Hey Don!

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Sun Apr 28 19:38:43 PDT 2002

begin Karsten M. Self quotation of Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 03:16:28PM -0700:

> For SF Bay Area locals, Cody's Books in Berkeley, and Staceys, no
> restricted to SF and Cupertino locations.
>
> There are a number of very strong University bookstores.

But we need a general, drop-in, feature-complete replacement for
Amazon, as PNG is a drop-in replacement for GIF.

If you're writing hypertext and mention a book, it's good to link
the title to something.  For books that don't have their own web
site, as Real World Linux Security does, a link to an informative
bookstore page works well.

> I've been using signify to promote some causes / organizations / memes
> of interest.  Sometimes political, sometimes (current) outfits that have
> given me what I feel to be amazingly good service & value.  I'll post my
> .signify file separately if there's an interest.
>
> Thoughts?

Have you considered using the "x sucks, y rules" convention to
facilitate searches for your opinions and the automatic tabulation
thereof?

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti                       Help spread accurate information