[linux-elitists] MTA roundup

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Sun Apr 28 19:14:18 PDT 2002

begin  Marc MERLIN  quotation:
> > 	I love how the subway or the bicycle are an "alternative",
> > even though they predate the automobile by about fifty years.
>
> I'm sorry  you see "alternative" as  meaning something negative, but
> if you feel that subways and bikes are inferior, that's your right,
> I respect that.

	I read my message over several times, and can see no metion of
inferiority.  Perhaps my French isn't as good as it should be.

	It's just that the automobile was introduced as an alternative
to the train, horse and cart, and velocipede.  Not vice-versa.  The
automobile is the "alternative", and the subway is one of the
originals.

--
INFORMATION GLADLY GIVEN BUT SAFETY REQUIRES AVOIDING UNNECESSARY CONVERSATION
end