[linux-elitists] LOCAL California 14th district: Rep. Eshoo conference call

Seth David Schoen schoen@loyalty.org
Sat Apr 27 02:21:46 PDT 2002

Don Marti writes:

> No conference call before the Thursday hearing, but I am going to get
> some information into the hands of Ms. Eshoo's legislative assistant
> Nick Kolovos, who says that the Congresswoman is already opposed
> to mandatory DRM.

So here's my question (since I just spent about an hour writing a
piece about BPDG and free software):

If 16 large companies (let's say 9 major tech companies and 7 movie
studios) reached a compromise and then they all _wanted_ mandatory
DRM, would she still oppose it?

That isn't hypothetical, because it happened yesterday.

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen@loyalty.org> | Reading is a right, not a feature!
     http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/   |                 -- Kathryn Myronuk