[linux-elitists] free geek like organization in the BA

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Thu Apr 25 22:55:21 PDT 2002

on Wed, Apr 24, 2002, Thomas Duffy (tduffy@directvinternet.com) wrote:
> anybody know of a Free Geek (http://www.freegeek.org/) like
> organization in the Bay Area?  I would like to find some sort of place
> where I can donate some time to fix up machines, install linux, etc.
> for schools or community centers.
>
> If there isn't, how hard would it be to open a SF chapter of Free
> Geek?

For a general contact, I'd try seul-edu, there's (of course) a mailing
list, and some activities.

Bay Area specific edu stuff.  Hmm...

This month's LJ says that LI wants to start doing stuff like that.  Is
dtype on this list?  Ping dtype@dtype.org, or maddog:  maddog@li.org.

There are a number of groups, I know of a couple of educators in the San
Jose area who have some pretty slick GNU/Linux labs set up.  There's a
computer recycling outfit in Oakland whose name escapes me.  There's a
GNU/Linux training course at the South San Francisco Adult School.
That's just off the top of my head.

Peace.

   Übersoft:  Our Lawyers are Better.
     http://www.ubersoft.net/