[linux-elitists] Re: Ad-supported multimedia player deletes spyware monitor

mwmiller@columbus.rr.com mwmiller@columbus.rr.com
Wed Apr 24 10:48:41 PDT 2002

This was posted on politech:

> From: Brian McWilliams <brian@pc-radio.com>
> Subject: Anti-Spyware Program Targeted By Multimedia Player
>
> Making good on a threat in its click-wrap agreement, the installation
> program for an ad-supported multimedia program called RadLight will delete
> Ad-Aware, a popular anti-spyware program, from the user's computer:
> http://www.newsbytes.com/news/02/176075.html

I notice they have a message board, but require a registration to post,
and require an e-mail address to register (they send a password to it,
according to the registration page), and for some reason I don't quite
trust these fellows with an e-mail address.  Anyone, ahem, care to offer
up a registration for entertainment purposes only and so forth?
--
Matthew W. Miller -- mwmiller@columbus.rr.com