[linux-elitists] Memo from Self: To Hal with it, off with her head!

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre@deirdre.net
Tue Apr 23 22:26:28 PDT 2002

At 8:57 PM -0700 4/23/02, Don Marti wrote:
> begin Ron Guerin quotation of Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 11:26:44PM -0400:

> > With a name like GeekPAC, I doubt anyone's going to take it seriously
> > enough for it to matter one way or the other.  If they succeeded in
> > ousting Hollings, no one would believe it anyway.

> There are "geeks" on both sides of the DRM issue.  Somebody writes
> DRM code, after all.  And most of the people on Our Side are
> not geeks.

Some people write DRM code simply for money even though they don't believe
DRM is a good idea. When you're broke, $65/hr will get you to do a lot of
things you wouldn't have considered when you were flush. Unfortunately, in
the current economy, a lot of people will be willing to bend that
direction.

Fortunately, sometimes the universe steps in and reminds you that's not
what you're *supposed* to be doing.

--
_Deirdre                                              http://deirdre.net
                                                         - Douglas Adams