[linux-elitists] Memo from Self: To Hal with it, off with her head!

Andy Bastien lists@yuggoth.net
Tue Apr 23 07:56:37 PDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-04-22 at 17:08, Don Marti wrote:

> all states.  (The Linux/Web quotient is the number of results for
> +linux +state_name on Google, divided by the number of thousands
> of results for state_name.)
>
> State          LWQ   rank
>
> California     17.1     4
> South Carolina 14.7     6
> South Carolina 13.0     9   (-Hollings)
> Hawaii         9.3     21
> Alaska         8.0     34
> Louisiana      7.5     40

Before you California people get too proud of your 17.1 LWQ, here are
some other LWQs to consider:

Finland		39.3
Brazil		36.0
Cambridge, Massachusetts 18.4 (GLWQ of 11.3)

My own home commonwealth of Virginia only has a lowly 8.0, but Northern
Virginia would be in the top 50% percentile if it were a state with its
slightly more respectable 10.9.  Virginia's TWQ (Tobacco/Web quotient)
is 16.6 while California's is 14.5.  So there.