[linux-elitists] Note to myself

Rick Bradley roundeye@roundeye.net
Fri Apr 19 15:48:54 PDT 2002

* Dan Wilder (dan@ssc.com) [020419 17:32]:
> On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 02:33:32PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> > Hello, I send you this file to ask your advice.
>
> Now darn.  I need to figure out why that one did not
> trip my content filter.

There's a web software list I'm on where many of the subscribers are
"power users" of closed-ware.  The few times I've bothered to post I've
seen a barrage of "out of office" mailings from list members rattling
down the procmail pipes.

Recently I got this gem:

-> The following email you sent was not delivered to the
-> intended recipients as it had restricted contents in it!
-> The restricted content present was "Random".
->
-> Action taken: The email was Deleted.
->
-> =============================================================
-> The Mail came from    : roundeye@roundeye.net
-> The Mail recipient    : #####################
-> Subject of the Mail   : Re: WebWord CMS Re[2]: [cms-list] We need a CMS / WYSIWYG Editor
-> Message-ID            : #####################
-> =============================================================
->
-> Use  MailScan on your  EMail  Servers  and  eScan on your
-> Windows-based PCs and Servers for maximum protection from
-> Internet-borne viruses.

I'm certainly hip on using MailScan now that I know it's got such
uber-1337 filtering rules.

Rick
--
 http://www.roundeye.net    MUPRN: 181    (88 F)
                       |  use thoughts at will. One
   random email haiku  |  can disconnect parts of their