[linux-elitists] IP: NYT: (Microsoft's) High-profile anti-Unix siteruns UNIX (FreeBSD) (fwd)

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Thu Apr 11 04:53:11 PDT 2002

on Wed, Apr 10, 2002, Rick Moen (rick@linuxmafia.com) wrote:
> Quoting Adam Sampson (azz@gnu.org):
>
> > (For those of you that do: how about browsing with a text-only browser
> > on a machine that's quite capable of running a graphical equivalent?)
>
> I have an even more vital question:  If I run a script to auto-
> fetch/display a Web site, but my monitor is turned off at the time,
> are the banner-ad revenues still bookable?  (Maybe only Arthur Andersen
> knows for sure.)

...or meta-refresh.  I stopped bookmarking FuckedCompany when I found it
accounted for 25% of my web traffic, due to a five minute meta-referesh
interval.

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself@ix.netcom.com>           http://kmself.home.netcom.com/
   The Consumer Broadband and Digital Television Promotion Act: