spam trapping (was Re: Double Irony! (was Re: [linux-elitists] ruben's stupid filter))

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Tue Apr 9 04:18:22 PDT 2002

on Mon, Apr 08, 2002, Dan Wilder (dan@ssc.com) wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 01:42:22PM -0700, Don Marti wrote:

> You can raise hell with the upstream providers of the actual origin
> host.  Some care, most (I think) don't.  Look at all the years
> uu.net was (is?) a spam haven for its dialup customers.

Speaking of which, has anyone else noticed the blast of crap spewing
from a handful of BellSouth.net IPs?  This since, say, mid-February.

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself@ix.netcom.com>           http://kmself.home.netcom.com/
   The Consumer Broadband and Digital Television Promotion Act: