[linux-elitists] IP: NYT: (Microsoft's) High-profile anti-Unix siteruns UNIX (FreeBSD) (fwd)

Doug Winter doug@pigeonhold.com
Tue Apr 9 01:22:25 PDT 2002

Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Aaron T Porter (atporter@primate.net):
>
> > Ok Rick, I will happily admit that providing false registration
> > informaton voilates no criminal statues that I am aware of, and very
> > well might not be enforceable even if it did.
>
> The bit about theft was, indeed, just melodrama.

What about the "scripted database poisoning"?

Even the NYT probably don't care if you lie to them "by hand", but
poisoning a database with a script seems to be both ethically
problematic and probably illegal as well as an odd way to spend one's
leisure time.

doug.

--
We are not the Monkees