[linux-elitists] IP: NYT: (Microsoft's) High-profile anti-Unix siteruns UNIX (FreeBSD) (fwd)

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Mon Apr 8 17:23:25 PDT 2002

Quoting Aaron T Porter (atporter@primate.net):

> If said free-of-charge website says (in effect) "in order to use
> our resource for no-charge, we get to spam you and spy on your interests"
> it's up to you to decide to procede.

1.  So:  Please cite to me where the alleged "agreement" (or anywhere
else on the Web site) purports to ban users from, in accordance with
another person's wishes, using a shared login.  I don't feel like
arguing hypotheticals, and see no such statement.

2.  Moral suasion on behalf of spammers and nosy-parkers have the
aforementioned defect.  You're merely repeating your assertion
of a moral obligation, as if mere repetition would make it more
persuasive.

--
Cheers,                Linux:  It is now safe to turn on your computer.
Rick Moen