[linux-elitists] IP: NYT: (Microsoft's) High-profile anti-Unix siteruns UNIX (FreeBSD) (fwd)

Aaron T Porter atporter@primate.net
Mon Apr 8 15:00:48 PDT 2002

On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 02:52:49PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Aaron T Porter (atporter@primate.net):
>
> > Do you actaully think this way? Using the nyt.com site with a
> > communal/fake login is just petty theft.
>
> I feel cheap for doing this, but, strictly for the rhetoric practice:
>
> 1.  Please show entitlement.
> 2.  Please show meaningful consent.
> 3.  Please cite the criminal statute.
> 4.  Any prosecutions?

	Ok Rick, I will happily admit that providing false registration
informaton voilates no criminal statues that I am aware of, and very well
might not be enforceable even if it did. The statement would have been
much better written as:

	"Using the nyt.com site with a communal/fake login is ethically
equivalent to petty theft in my mind."