[linux-elitists] IP: NYT: (Microsoft's) High-profile anti-Unix siteruns UNIX (FreeBSD) (fwd)

Shawn McMahon smcmahon@eiv.com
Mon Apr 8 09:00:35 PDT 2002

begin  quoting what Bulent Murtezaoglu said on Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 11:12:21AM -0400:

> Well, I dunno about eulas and such and indeed I don't know what the
> login is doing for them but it is their site and their content.  Shame
> on them though for not answering to e-mail.

The problem isn't necessarily what they're doing now, but what they do
next week.  They could pull a Yahoo and decide to start selling your
information to spammers.

> a simple e-mail address, but I find it is easy to get around by using
> the same login/password for every non critical site.  Since I don't

Or they might set something up wrong and expose your login and password
to the entire world.