[linux-elitists] class-action fun

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre@deirdre.net
Sat Sep 22 20:02:16 PDT 2001

Rick Bradley Pontificated:
> Yes, but they kept selling freshly pressed OS CD's that were still
> defective.  I.e., they refused to recall and re-press product that
> they acknowledged (presumably this is where the lawyer would argue
> about "reasonable consumers" or some such) through patches and
> advisories was defective.

How do you know that these CDs left Microsoft's hands *after* the date of
the patch? Do you have *any* idea how complex the distribution system is?

For something shipped on a given date, there's a normal curve, with a
*significant* right tail, of dates that the item is actually sold at
retail or returned.

--
_Deirdre     Stash-o-Matic: http://weirdre.com      http://deirdre.net
                                                         - Douglas Adams