[linux-elitists] CNET: Another worm, more patches

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Sat Sep 22 18:06:18 PDT 2001

<quote who="Justin F. Knotzke">

> We aren't talking about a few omissions of the press. This is consistent
> behaviour and there has to be some sort of logical explanation.  Microsoft
> only accounts for a certain percentage of ad revenue. I can't see how
> these omissions can be accounted for by advertising.

Oh my god, it must be a conspiracy!

Have you considered that these press outlets may find it troublesome to
report these details in full? Have you considered that the reporters working
on these stories understand these details themselves?

A number of Australian news sources have got it perfectly correct,
mentioning Microsoft, IIS and even the cunning differences between this and
Code Red.

Or... Is that evidence of a global Microsoft-owned media conspiracy, too?

  [ Moral of the story: Get off your arse, and make matters known outside
  our little "we know best" community. Don't preach to the converted, we
  already know, and we're already bored off our tits at it. ]

- Jeff

--
                          Money can't buy me grok.