[linux-elitists] class-action fun

Aaron Sherman ajs@ajs.com
Fri Sep 21 12:09:41 PDT 2001

On Fri, Sep 21, 2001 at 01:55:04PM -0500, Rick Bradley wrote:

> I've been bouncing this idea off people in my local LUG-land and it's
> generated some interest.  Basically it's an idea about a class for a
> class-action suit and the basis for a negligence claim:
>
> Form a class of people who:
>
> A - use Microsoft products and lost data or incurred downtime due to
>    infections from CR*/Nimda
>
> or
>
> B  - do not use Microsoft products but incurred downtime or lost data
>    due to CR*/Nimda

Hmm... sounds like a slippery slope. Perhaps MS should sue Red Hat
and SuSe for all of the out-of-the-box Linux configs that have been
used to DDoS them in the past?

After all, Red Hat CDs are STILL ON THE SHELVES that have remote root exploit
bugs!

Just a counter-point.

--
Aaron Sherman		My country's flag is not a logo
ajs@ajs.com		finger ajskey@b5.ajs.com for GPG info. Fingerprint: