[linux-elitists] CNET: Another worm, more patches

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Thu Sep 20 20:57:03 PDT 2001

on Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 11:02:07PM -0400, Joey Hess (joey@kitenet.net) wrote:
> M. Drew Streib wrote:
> > Somebody must have sold Gartner a clue! I wonder how much it cost
> > them...
>
> I was also happy to catch a correction on NPR this evening stating that
> nimda only affected windows systems and there were (roughly paraphrased)
> "many other operating systems in use on the internet". This after a
> standard "virus cripples internet" story the day before.

I won't claim credit, but I did send a LART out to a bunch of news
agencies last night, NPR included.  I've found that NPR can be fairly
responsive.  My favorite response to date being the *painfully* accurate
pronunciation of Dmitry Sklyarov's name on the KQED Forum program after
I'd shot the pronounciation guide website and audio clips to them the
night before ;-)

Peace.

   Free Dmitry! Boycott Adobe! Repeal the DMCA!  http://www.freesklyarov.org