[linux-elitists] [Jamie McCarthy: Re: [IRR] Worm probes] (fwd)

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Thu Sep 20 00:25:03 PDT 2001

<quote who="Eugene Leitl">

Jamie's bit:

> Meanwhile I have heard ** NOT ONE ** news commentator point out that this
> is a _Microsoft_ transmitted virus:  that people who don't run Microsoft
> programs are completely immune, and that a large part of the reason that
> the worm spreads at all is not Microsoft's mere incompetence but its
> deliberate design decisions made for reasons of economy and greed.

The CNN article, which I only read by chance, was very clear about
"Microsoft systems", "Windows systems", "Microsoft IIS", etc.

One of the better radio stations down here mentions it all the time.

- Jeff

--
   "I believe in true love. But I am easily satisfied." - Miguel de Icaza