[linux-elitists] VCS with mergable trees?

Sam Phillips sam@dasbistro.com
Tue Sep 18 15:47:07 PDT 2001

I currently have a situation where I have a CVS repository on a work
machine, and mirror of the repository on my laptop.  I want to be able
to do work on my laptop and be able to take the laptop repository and
merge it with the work repository.

At this point I'm pretty sure that if I want to do this with CVS I'll
have to work out some program that does the merge myself.  Looking at
the docs for Subversion seem to indicate the same.

I'm curious if anyone here knows of a solution to this problem.  Or some
other VCS that has this particular feature.

--
Sam Phillips <sam@dasbistro.com>                http://www.dasbistro.com
Reno                                                              Nevada