[linux-elitists] LOCAL San Francisco: Moonbase U.

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Tue Sep 18 14:23:13 PDT 2001

When Rachel Chalmers says to alert the elitists, I alert the
elitists.  I mean, what choice do I have?

----- Forwarded message from rachel@themoonbase.org -----

Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 14:18:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: rachel@themoonbase.org
Subject: Dear friends of Moonbase University
To: thor@trapezo.com, jeremy@goop.org, nancy@goop.org, cmp@goop.org,
	salome@missed-a-shot.com, pchristy@netsedgeonline.com,
	mao@sleepycat.com, jonathan@numbernine.net, recheng@numbernine.net,
	mpesce@hyperreal.com, tiffany@webbyawards.com, stevepi@stevepi.com,
	nick@zork.net, dmarti@zgp.org
Cc: manfred@ssl.berkeley.edu, cheesem@ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov

Everyone,

Exciting news: Peter "the rocket scientist" Cheeseman has lined up his friend
Creon Levit, also of NASA, as our third speaker at the first-ever Moonbase
University seminar this Thursday night. Creon's bio is on the Web at

http://www.nas.nasa.gov/~creon/

- highlights include quantum mechanics! Nanotech! And a sardonically named
computer graphics performance ensemble!

We printed flyers on the weekend, and they're flying out the door. We posted
some in Cellspace itself; others have gone to noticeboards at culturally
significant cafes and key Silicon Valley corporations. They'll be collector's
items one day, you mark my words.

Thank you all very much for your interest and enthusiasm. Just to refresh your
memories, here are all the details yet *again*:

Moonbase University - space exploration
7pm, Thursday September 20 (the day after tomorrow!)
Cellspace, 2050 Bryant Street, between 18th & 19th, San Francisco
$5 suggested donation, more info at http://www.themoonbase.org

Bring your friends, notify the relevant lists, alert the Elitists and the
Crackmonkeys, and as always, don't hesitate to contact me with any questions.
Thanks again, and see you on Thursday.

Rachel

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Don Marti      What do we want?  Free Dmitry!  When do we want it?  Now!
http://zgp.org/~dmarti                      Free Dmitry: http://eff.org/