[linux-elitists] ClearChannel radio censorship (Untrue)

Rusty Foster rusty@kuro5hin.org
Tue Sep 18 14:10:51 PDT 2001

Aaron Lehmann wrote:

> Yes, yes, I know this is from Slashdot. Bear with me.

Slashdot accuracy in reporting at it's finest...

See the Washington Post:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A47168-2001Sep17.html
(grep for "Purging Playlists"). To wit:

    Meanwhile, Washington music stations are struggling to
    purge their playlists of songs that could be considered
    offensive or in poor taste.
    Despite yesterday's Internet rumors, Clear Channel has
    no official list of songs that must be pulled off the air.

I don't know about you, but I'm more inclined to believe the Washington
Post.

--R
--
Rusty Foster :: rusty@kuro5hin.org :: http://www.kuro5hin.org

lots of wit embedded in aimless rambling
                                --zzzeek