[linux-elitists] Subversion is self-hosting

Tue Sep 18 07:15:52 PDT 2001

On Tue, 18 Sep 2001, Justin F. Knotzke wrote:

> No kidding. And this coming from a group that I had to fight tooth and
> nail with to get rid of "SourceSafe" (oxymoron intended). Now that
> they've finally figured out what RTFM is they can actually use CVS
> properly and are rather amazed by it.

This local warrior is reporting defeat. The local folks need *nix clue,
yet are actively hostile to it. This involves SourceSafe, choice of NT for
their servers, development under Windows for *nix, and the like. I've
tried, but it's hopeless.

At this point, I'm ready to walk out of the door. By early next year I
should have found a more *nix friendly employer.

-- Eugen* Leitl <a href="http://www.lrz.de/~ui22204/">leitl</a>