[linux-elitists] Subversion is self-hosting

Justin F. Knotzke shampoo@cam.org
Tue Sep 18 07:05:38 PDT 2001

On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 03:56:03PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:

> No need to break your back trying to paper over the holes in legacy
> proprietary systems.  And, if you're obliged to spend time on the
> 'phone to support its users, make sure you bill or budget for that,
> accordingly, so the cost gets appropriately allocated.

	No kidding. And this coming from a group that I had to fight tooth
and nail with to get rid of "SourceSafe" (oxymoron intended). Now that
they've finally figured out what RTFM is they can actually use CVS
properly and are rather amazed by it.

	Now if I can only get them to stop checking in 25meg .dll's.

	Justin.

--
Justin F. Knotzke
shampoo@cam.org