[linux-elitists] Subversion is self-hosting

Sam Phillips sam@dasbistro.com
Mon Sep 17 16:09:28 PDT 2001

On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 05:55:39AM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Rick Moen">
>
> > I'll be adopting it here, given that Subversion has hit Milestone 3, in
> > which Subversion if being used (instead of CVS) to host itself.
>
> Having a quick poke around on the site, but without actually trying it out
> yet, it seems that you can use it locally without any of the Apache stuff
> too (much like cvs :local:)... Is this complete bollocks, or am I reading
> the site correctly?
>

>From http://subversion.tigris.org/project_faq.html

"Does this mean I have to set up Apache to use Subversion?
    If you want to host a networked repository: yes.

    If you just want to access a networked (or local) repository with your
    client: no."

--
Sam Phillips <sam@dasbistro.com>                http://www.dasbistro.com
Reno                                                              Nevada