[linux-elitists] Subversion is self-hosting

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Mon Sep 17 15:56:03 PDT 2001

begin Justin F. Knotzke quotation:

> The whole ssh/cvs thing was a tad nightmareish. It works quite well
> under Linux but just try and install it under Windoze.

You know, I believe I know of a single-piece implementation that fixes
that, but I'd rather not be an enabler.
(http://zgp.org/~dmarti/linuxmanship/#enabler)

No need to break your back trying to paper over the holes in legacy
proprietary systems.  And, if you're obliged to spend time on the
'phone to support its users, make sure you bill or budget for that,
accordingly, so the cost gets appropriately allocated.