[linux-elitists] Subversion is self-hosting

Justin F. Knotzke shampoo@cam.org
Mon Sep 17 15:35:12 PDT 2001

On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 02:54:44PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:

> Does WebDAV suck?  We'll see.

	As a developer I can understand why one would want to rewrite the
whole thing from soup to nuts and include your own transport agent.

	The whole ssh/cvs thing was a tad nightmareish. It works quite well
under Linux but just try and install it under Windoze. That's probably
more a lack of Windoze being a decent OS then anything but nevertheless
the client needs to be easy to install and that includes a secure
transport agent.

	If I have to explain to one more Windoze luser what a public key is
and why he needs it I think I'm gonna hurl.

	But Subversion is looking good.

	Cool name too and that's always important. ;)

	J.

--
Justin F. Knotzke
shampoo@cam.org