[linux-elitists] Subversion is self-hosting

Wayne Earl wayne@qconcepts.net
Mon Sep 17 13:53:31 PDT 2001

On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 01:15:32PM -0700 or therabouts, Rick Moen wrote:
> I believe you have that right.  However, you need to have the DAV code
> -- which Nick Moffitt tells me is available only from the Apache 2.0
> beta codebase.

You also need the neon library, which the subversion developers so
thoughtfully provide a download link to on their site. For some reason,
neon can't seem to find my ssl libraries by default, but a simple
./configure --with-ssl=/usr/lib seems to do the trick.

> I haven't yet built Subversion:  I've been waiting for this milestone,
> before being willing to delve into it.

Nor have I. It seems that subversion requires version 3.3.11 of the
Berkeley DB code. Red Hat provides version 3.1.17 (at least, with Red
Hat 7.1), which is the backbone of the rpm database. Needless to day, I
need to backup my system before compiling and installing the new DB code
(Call me paranoid, but fixing a munged rpm database is a pain in the
ass).

I'll be trying out subversion sometime later this week.

--
Wayne Earl <wayne@qconcepts.net>
gpg public key: http://www.qconcepts.net/key.txt