[linux-elitists] Subversion is self-hosting

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Mon Sep 17 13:15:32 PDT 2001

begin Jeff Waugh quotation:

> Having a quick poke around on the site, but without actually trying it out
> yet, it seems that you can use it locally without any of the Apache stuff
> too (much like cvs :local:)... Is this complete bollocks, or am I reading
> the site correctly?

I believe you have that right.  However, you need to have the DAV code
-- which Nick Moffitt tells me is available only from the Apache 2.0
beta codebase.

I haven't yet built Subversion:  I've been waiting for this milestone,
before being willing to delve into it.