[linux-elitists] Subversion is self-hosting

Justin F. Knotzke shampoo@cam.org
Mon Sep 17 12:33:50 PDT 2001

On Sun, Sep 16, 2001 at 08:22:56AM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> Yee-haw!
> http://subversion.tigris.org/
>
> I'll be adopting it here, given that Subversion has hit Milestone 3, in
> which Subversion if being used (instead of CVS) to host itself.

	That's pretty cool. It actually keeps track of directory moves. I won't
have to move/rename manually on the server anymore..

	Why is it that CVS never bothered to do this? Was it technically
near impossible or where there some philosophical issues because surely
I'm not the only one who was tired of the move/rename problem?

	Thanks
	Justin.

--
Justin F. Knotzke