[linux-elitists] Cryptome up for mirroring (fwd)

Sun Sep 16 07:18:08 PDT 2001

-- Eugen* Leitl <a href="http://www.lrz.de/~ui22204/">leitl</a>
ICBMTO  : N48 10'07'' E011 33'53'' http://www.lrz.de/~ui22204

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 10:02:39 -0700
From: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
To: Eugene Leitl <Eugene.Leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de>
Cc: cypherpunks@lne.com
Subject: Re: [linux-elitists] Cryptome up for mirroring (fwd)

Eugene,

Perhaps as a result of my lifting blocks at your request
Cryptome is nearly shutdown by people sucking contents
for mirroring. My intention was to encourage mirroring not
of Cryptome but of important crypto tools listed at:

  http://jya.com/crypto-free.htm

Most of Cryptome is non-essential stuff and doesn't
deserve much mirroring. The crypto-free programs are
much more important.

We'll make available compressed versions of Cryptome
for putting at a few other sites but there's no need for
more than that, and our modest service is choking on the
overload. Once the archive is available elsewhere URLs
will be publicized.

Hope you'll spread this word to other forums, and pass along
the URL for crypto-free.htm instead.

Unintended consequences give birth to freedom-deniers.