[linux-elitists] OpenBSD or Debian?

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Tue Sep 11 10:05:50 PDT 2001

begin Phil Hughes quotation of Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 10:00:47AM -0700:

> For "I just want it to work" things I have been using SuSE.  It seems
> to be a good combination of lots of stuff and a much higher
> probability of actually working out of the box.

I gave John Perry Barlow a SuSE pin, since it is the first
commercial OS product whose point-and-click installer offers an
encrypted filesystem.

OpenBSD might be my choice for a nameserver -- it installs BIND in
a chroot environment by default.  They also have Orinoco drivers.
OTOH they don't have SMP yet.

--
Don Marti      What do we want?  Free Dmitry!  When do we want it?  Now!
http://zgp.org/~dmarti                      Free Dmitry: http://eff.org/