[linux-elitists] OpenBSD or Debian?

Tue Sep 11 09:35:01 PDT 2001

On Tue, 11 Sep 2001, Greg KH wrote:

> I guess the better question for here would be why are you becoming
> disappointed with the mainstream distros?

I've see minor to major misconfigurations across the whole spectrum.
Mandrake and RH is particularly bad.

> I think the latest RH 7.2 looks quite nice.

RH 7.1 ships with an unofficial release of gcc. I don't have time anymore
to spend days to weeks massaging the system into a usable state. It's a
tool, not something worthwhile by itself.

So, how difficult is the jump to OpenBSD, if one is used to diverse
Linuxes and *nixen? Am I missing any serious alternative?