[linux-elitists] Anti-SSSCA strategy.

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Sun Sep 9 09:21:54 PDT 2001

begin Tesla Coil quotation of Sun, Sep 09, 2001 at 06:52:29AM -0700:

> In any event, does unauthorized distribution of Britney
> Spears really merit setting up something on the order of
> the Nuclear Regulatory Commission for digital technology?

It's important for Free Software/open standards people to get
out in front on this with big-ass white papers and detailed legal
objections, so that when the Consumer Electronics Assn. comes out
with their objections they will be seen as agreeing with us and
not vice versa.  CEA isn't going to assert a First Amendment right
to free software.

The media like to see everything in terms of two sides.

--
Don Marti      What do we want?  Free Dmitry!  When do we want it?  Now!
http://zgp.org/~dmarti                      Free Dmitry: http://eff.org/