[linux-elitists] Flash banners: they suck

Sean Neakums sneakums@zork.net
Sun Sep 9 04:26:34 PDT 2001

begin  Karsten M Self quotation:

> on Sun, Sep 09, 2001 at 02:09:07AM +0100, Sean "Reading with the
> comprehension bit set arbitrarially" Neakums (sneakums@zork.net) wrote:
>> No, it does not.  Your Web browser does that.  Either install a proxy
>> that filters Flash entirely, or file a bug.
>
> To expand the shorthand I'd written, "encountering Flash content
> causes the browser to display a 'download plugin' dialog".  Yes, I'm
> familiar with the general principles.  And, yes, as indicated, I'm
> pursuing this on the appropriate Galeon discussion list.
>
> I believe the functionality is in Mozilla/Gecko, not Galeon per se.

What would be prefect would be if Mozilla had a sooper-dooper advanced
option for blocking arbitrary MIME types.  Future-proof!

--
"The man who laughs at standards--that man must be put down.
 We are none of us perfect; I know that.  But we must agree