[linux-elitists] Flash banners: they suck

Wil Cooley wcooley@nakedape.cc
Sat Sep 8 22:13:02 PDT 2001

Also Sprach Karsten M. Self:
> on Sat, Sep 08, 2001 at 05:49:41PM -0700, Wil Cooley (wcooley@nakedape.cc) wrote:
> > Also Sprach Ben Woodard:
> > > does anyone know how to permanantly answer "no" to the flash plugin question?
> >
> > You should be able to specify the 'null' plug-in, I'd think.
>
> How/where?
>
> I keep getting all this "it's here" or "you should be able to...",
> without specifics.
>
> Galeon/Skipstone/Mozilla/Konqueror.

Yeah, I think I'm mistaken.  (Mark it on your calendar; that's my
quota for the week.)  I think the 'libnullplugin' is the bastard
that pops up those damn boxes asking you to download the Flash
player.  I'd be surprised, though, if someone hasn't written a
true null plugin that just ignores unknown MIME times (at least,
on a per-entry basis).

Wil
--
W. Reilly Cooley                           wcooley@nakedape.cc
irc.linux.com                             #orlug,#pdxlug,#lnxs

The public demands certainties;  it must be told definitely and a bit
raucously that this is true and that is false.  But there are no certainties.
		-- H.L. Mencken, "Prejudice"