[linux-elitists] Flash banners: they suck

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Sat Sep 8 15:21:59 PDT 2001

I've noticed flash banners on The New York Times's website in the past
few days.

Quite simply, they suck.  I don't have (or want) a flash plugin.  I
block most banners, and have stilled animated GIFs.

Unfortunately, Flash pops up a request for the appropriate plugin each
time one is encountered.  It's about as madening as pop-up or pop-unders
(neither of which I encounter:  disable javascript and java).

Don't blemish the Times with these idiotic tactics.