[linux-elitists] Inline MIME-decoding filter

Wil Cooley wcooley@nakedape.cc
Fri Sep 7 11:58:46 PDT 2001

Also Sprach Seth David Schoen:
> Is there a filter which takes a MIME message on stdin and writes all
> attachments to stdout (or does something close to this)?  I looked at
> metamail, mimedecode, and munpack without too much luck.
>
> I want this for a silly application I've mentioned to some people.

I know that AMaViS, the anti-virus mail scanner, includes or
requires something that does this; you might look there.  What,
in particular, is your application?

I've thought a mail filter that extracted large MIME attachments and
put them in a "secret" place on a publicly-accessible FTP server
(only accessible through a direct URL) would be a nice app for
handling my ISP lusers' problems with sending attachments.

Wil
--
W. Reilly Cooley                           wcooley@nakedape.cc
irc.linux.com                             #orlug,#pdxlug,#lnxs

Most people are unable to write because they are unable to think, and
they are unable to think because they congenitally lack the equipment
to do so, just as they congenitally lack the equipment to fly over the moon.
		-- H.L. Mencken