[linux-elitists] RE: [Seattle-Sklyarov] new target for letter-writing campaign

Charles Eakins admin@seattle-chat.com
Thu Sep 6 08:58:04 PDT 2001

Should include this e-mail on the national list. ;)

-----Original Message-----
From: seattle-sklyarov-admin@woozle.org
[mailto:seattle-sklyarov-admin@woozle.org]On Behalf Of Laurie Lynne
Tucker
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2001 8:47 AM
To: Seattle Sklyarov List; linux-elitists@zgp.org
Subject: [Seattle-Sklyarov] new target for letter-writing campaign

I was listening to The Diane Rehm Show last night on KUOW, with guest
Dr. Billington, the Librarian of Congress, and they brought up Laura
Bush and the fact that she is a teacher and librarian.

I woke up this morning with the idea that we should include her in our
letter-writing campaign for repeal of the DMCA and Dmitry's plight --
even though she is a Republican.  I went to Google, typed "mrs bush",
and here are a few extracts from the first visible screenful of hits:

  Laura Welch Bush
  ... Mrs. Bush's passion for literary works was sparked at an early age.
  As a child, Laura Bush dreamed of one day becoming a teacher. Her dream
  was prompted by an ...
  Category: Society > History > ... > North America > United States >
  First Ladies > Bush, Laura
  www.whitehouse.gov/president/flbio.html - 10k - Cached - Similar pages

  The Dallas Morning News: Opinion: Editorial
  ... Mrs. Bush hosted a two-day seminar on early childhood development
  at Georgetown University last week. The conference featured speakers
  and programs that have ...
  www.dallasnews.com/editorial/432461_bravomrsbush_0.html - 33k - Cached -
Similar pages

  Laura Bush Foundation for America's Libraries Created
  ... Foundation for America's Libraries Created US Newswire 30 Jul 16:10
  Mrs. Bush Announces Creation Of Laura Bush Foundation For America's
  Libraries To: National ...
  www.libraryhq.com/article7.html - 4k - Cached - Similar pages

  February 27, 2001 -- First Lady Laura Bush Launches ...
  ... Mrs. Bush made her plans known during a speech at Cesar Chavez
  Elementary School in Hyattsville, MD, a campus attended by primarily
  Latino and African American ...
  www.ed.gov/PressReleases/02-2001/wh-0226.html - 8k - Cached - Similar
pages

I figured it couldn't hurt, plus we might have a bigger impact if 2000
people write letters to Mrs. Bush than we are having by writing our
Congresscritters and the justice system of Northern California....

-laurie

--
Laurie Lynne Tucker               .~.    Geek by Nature
Seattle, Washington              / V \   --------------