[linux-elitists] SSH Tunneling

Aaron Lehmann aaronl@vitelus.com
Wed Sep 5 22:11:25 PDT 2001

Alice is a trusted laptop. It may travel on very hostile 802.11b
networks, exist behind firewalls, etc. It has to communicate with Bob
(a 3rd party machine) using an untrusted protocol. The data is not
particularly sensitive, but should not be sent in plaintext behund
these firewalls. I would like to tunnel the connection over ssh via a
home machine. Is it possible to make a tunnel between Alice and this
home machine so the data is relayed in plaintext to Bob?
Authentication is not a big issue. I'd prefer to have this run off
port 22 on the home machine, but could use another port if necessary.