[linux-elitists] Inline MIME-decoding filter

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Sun Sep 2 13:24:15 PDT 2001

begin Seth David Schoen quotation of Sun, Sep 02, 2001 at 01:04:03PM -0700:

> Is there a filter which takes a MIME message on stdin and writes all
> attachments to stdout (or does something close to this)?

You might be able to whomp something up with Python's mimetools:
http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-mimetools.html

I have attempted this:
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/linux-elitists/container.py

but my attempt doesn't yet work on all the MIME messages posted to
this list.

--
Don Marti      What do we want?  Free Dmitry!  When do we want it?  Now!
http://zgp.org/~dmarti                      Free Dmitry: http://eff.org/