[linux-elitists] Apple Mail was: It's all the US linux users' fault

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre@deirdre.net
Tue Oct 30 21:19:14 PST 2001

On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 09:04:53PM -0800, Deirdre Saoirse Moen wrote:

>> It's proprietary. Since it requires Carbon/Cocoa, I doubt the current
>> incarnation is readily compilable to GnuStep even if it were open
>> source.
>
>> This is why, when I reply to this list, I use pine (rather than my
>> personal fave, which is proprietary).

>	Pine instead of non-free software?

>	http://www.linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/#pine

Well, pine is something Don doesn't filter. As opposed to Eudora for MacOS
X, which he does. If he filters out pine, I'd just sign off. Using pine
for replies is more of a PITA than I usually care to bother with.

--
_Deirdre                                              http://deirdre.net
                                                         - Douglas Adams