[linux-elitists] Apple Mail was: It's all the US linux users' fault

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre@deirdre.net
Tue Oct 30 21:04:53 PST 2001

Don Marti asked:

>Is "Apple Mail" free software, or available on Linux?  (It's OK if
>it's free but not ported to Linux yet.)  Hard to keep track of
>what's free and what's not at Apple these days.

It's proprietary. Since it requires Carbon/Cocoa, I doubt the current
incarnation is readily compilable to GnuStep even if it were open source.

This is why, when I reply to this list, I use pine (rather than my
personal fave, which is proprietary).

--
_Deirdre     Stash-o-Matic: http://weirdre.com      http://deirdre.net
                                                         - Douglas Adams